Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving at Jason's

My brother Jason cutting up the turkey

Yes, the great American tradition of gratefulness and giving thanks. It is the we suppose to give thanks and be grateful of things day. Besides the usual grateful things like having wonderful parents, family, bestest of friends and such, I am most grateful that I can still pay my bills.

Yester was the day, we all went to Jaosn's house for the turkey feast. Jennifer made a 24 pounder and it was quite good. Must be the 4th year or so we have been doing this at their house. My mom usually made chicken as subsitute for turkey until my sister Su-Tsen started ordering turkey from places.

The holiday season is usually when we all give ourselves excuses to eat, eat and eat. We will be feasting until after new years. Like Christmas, Halloween and Easter, St. Valentine's Day, I believe Thanksgiving has also become a commercial holiday. Before you know it other country will start to have Thanksgiving Days so the y can have after Thanksgiving Day Sale. Can't believe people actually go wait in line 4am to shop at Walmart this morning. Jason's friend Marv is doing it. But, i must say, it is probably wise to do just one day of shopping for everyone at one place during heavy discounted sales. Walmart has everyting for everyone and affordable too. Can't beat that.

Too bad, Thanksgiving Day.. how can I say it... it is : "The we give thanks to the Native Americans for saving the lives of the Pilgrims, the White men, during the cold winter then the killing the Native Americans and taking their land" Day. At least we should thank them or else we would not be living here in this great nation and enjoying the freedom as I am by writing this nonsense now.



 Posted by Picasa

No comments: