Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Finally

I finally have time to blog again. Yeah!!!

Many of my friend’s first response to me blogging was: you have time to blog? They are right, I don’t have too much time to blog, but, like Julia said, it is more or less a way for me to release my stress and it should be good for me. I feel good about it too.

I should reveal though, I do most of my blogging while I’m sitting on the toilet at home, my second office. Relax, it is not what you are thinking; I’m typing this out on the kitchen table tonight at the same time enjoying a scoop of Safeway Select chocolate ice cream with black cherries, yum, yum. I actually like Safeway Select brand ice cream more than Dreyers or Breyers. No silver spoons here.

Michelle and Frank’s wedding reception at the Cliff House 10/29/05
Michelle and Frank’s wedding reception turned out to be very enjoyable. Many of Sing Tao’s employees were there since Michelle and Frank are working there. This was the first time I entered Cliff House in many, many years. The newly remodeled Cliff House looks pretty good I must say. Nicely done.

Friends played lots of games and pranks on the newly weds, one being Frank wearing a diaper while Michelle feeding him with a baby bottle and changing his diapers. They finished it off by making Frank carry Michelle on his back and going table to table asking for donations for a college fund. They made off like bandits with $511. Not bad for the fundraising. Wonder how much they made with all the cash gifts from friends.

Amy trying to stuff money into Michelle's bra while Tim can't believe how lucky he was to witness it and doing a play-by-play description to the audience. All for fun guys.

Zhu Sheng, aka May, caught the bouquet and I caught the garter belt. I was just standing there and the garter flew towards me so I just reached out and grabbed it. Of course being at the center of the crowd helped but it was not my intention; I stood where I was sitting. Lucky I guess. Zhu Sheng was so happy that she caught the bouquet and thinking that she will be the next getting married. I told her I caught a garter belt 3 years ago and nothing happened. She was so disappointed. By the way, where did I put the garter belt, not that I want to look at it again.

I was just standing there minding my own business

May (Zhu Sheng), Michelle, Frank and I


2005 Halloween
This year’s Halloween I made it back home early enough to pass out candies to Trick or Treaters. A group of 2 kids and 1 adult came. They were my very first Trick or Treaters that came in the 3 years I have been living here; they happened to be the only ones also.

Frank and Francesca dressed like a skeleton and a witch. I joined them and Junko to the Shreik-o-Rama at the middle school. First thing the kids got was 2 handfuls of candies. I’m thinking the candy industry and the American Dental Association must be advocating Halloween. Just like Christmas, St. Valentines Day, and Easter, Halloween had become commercialized.Francesca the witch and Frank the skeleton

The haunted house was interesting. Kids from the middle school and high school played different characters from Harry Potter acted out little skits in different room. Good job even though we can’t hear anything at all due to all the noise coming from all the rooms at one time. I did not see anything that resembled anything from Shreik at this Shreik-O-Rama.

Brandon was Spiderman this year while Caitlin was a Renaissance Princess and Carli dressed like a Cheetah. No photos, Jason only shot video; he will dress them up again and take a photo for me.
Nio the Cowboy, Howdy par'ner!

My Godson, Nio, was in a little cowboy’s outfit that NoNo made. Last year he was a bear I think. Very cute but I mentioned to NoNo that the pistol was the wrong kind. He was carrying an automatic while a real cowboy would carry a revolver. Just pointing it out. I don’t think she appreciated though. It is all for fun, even my comment was.

I have to admit, I have not been a good god-father to Nio. I have not been visiting or giving him care and gifts as often as I would like or should. I am not making excuses but I have to blame on time. Time now is my number one hated enemy, nothing else. I need more time for everything I do. I have lots of plans and ideas but all require time. I believe with time, I maybe able to thoroughly think out my ideas and implement them properly rather than fighting fire like I am doing everyday. Sorry Nio, I apologize to you first, hope you will understand.

Carli understands me. She tries to pat my back to comfort me but for now, she can't reach. Uncle understand you Carli, it's ok!

No comments: